Chicken, chicken, and more chicken! Chicken Fajita Bowl Recipe? It definitely sounds cooler. I feel like one of the most common foods for fitness and bodybuilders is chicken. Just google “chicken recipes” and you’ll see endless results. Well, here’s another one. I actually don’t think its just another one though. I think it’s innovative. I actually applied a new technique on this recipe. It’s one I have never tried before, and honestly the result was amazing. On top of that, it really made an amazing meal prep item.
Chicken Fajita Bowl Recipe
- 6oz. Chicken
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 2 oz. Bell Peppers
- 1 oz. Onion
- 30g Corn
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Put brown rice in a rice cooker for the appropriate time. (Depends on your rice cooker)
- While the rice is cooking, chop up your chicken into thumb-size chunks.
- Spread the chicken on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Chop up your bell peppers and onions, set aside for later.
- Once the chicken and rice is done, add the cold veggies to your chicken and rice, and enjoy!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: $29.99Was: $39.99
Price: Check on Amazon
- Calories: 279
- Carbs: 34g
- Fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 30.3g
So what did I do to this chicken fajita bowl recipe that I’ve never done before? Simply enough, I didn’t cook the vegetables. Usually I’ll add veggies to my chicken in the crockpot, in the frying pan, or on the grill. This time I opted not to. Before I made this meal I was remembering how my previous meal prep experiences left me with soggy vegetables that really made the meal less than ideal. I went out on a limb here to try something new, and it worked! The vegetables were a lot more crunchy, and the flavor was unbelievable!
For updates on new recipes and more, sign up here: