I tried this amazing “Paleo Chili” a few weeks ago and asked for the recipe. I then took it and changed things up to fit my needs. I find this to be VERY simple to make and not very time consuming. Flavor it as you please and you’re bound to find something amazingly tasty to eat each week with just this one recipe!
Low Carb Chili (*Paleo Chili)
Nutrition: (per serving)
- 3.5lbs ground turkey
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 4 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 cans diced tomatoes (28oz each)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
Put everything in a crockpot and cook on high overnight (appx. 7 hours is what I did)
If you’d like, this recipe is easy to meal prep with. I divided mine into 6 portions using Isolator Fitness Meal Prep Containers.
- If you want lower fat, buy leaner meat.
- Try replacing the ground turkey with shredded chicken, ground beef, or steak
- Be creative with your vegetables, I’m sure anything would taste great in this!
- For low sodium alternatives to taco seasoning try making your own or use only herbs and spices for added flavor.
*The original recipe may have been Paleo, but the above version may or may not be.