Siberian Chaga Powder – A Real Treasure from Siberia
Overlooked and relatively unknown to many in the past, Chaga (Inonotus Obliquus) is a medicinal mushroom that has become immensely popular these days owing to the numerous health benefits it offers. Valued as a Gift from God, it has been used in Russian and Chinese folk medicine for thousands of years. The health benefits of Chaga mushroom are well established in the East where it has been consumed most typically as tea for centuries. Siberian Chaga powder, made from the extracts of Siberian chaga mushroom is packed with essential nutrients that offers a therapeutic effect to the body. Chaga mushroom, which grows on birch trees actually doesn’t even look like a mushroom at first glance. Dark colored and often having the appearance of burnt charcoal, Chaga may be less appealing to the eye, but it really packs a punch, when it comes to health benefits.
What is Chaga?
Chaga is actually a type of fungus that can be found growing on the birch trees of Siberia and other cold regions like Canada, Norway, Northern Asia, Northern and Eastern Europe and Northern parts of the United Sates. Chaga maintains a symbiotic relationship with the birch tree as it helps the tree grow healthy and strong. These mushrooms are even known to help recover a damaged tree, when inserted into it. As mentioned earlier, although it is referred to as a mushroom, Chaga does not look like any mushroom that we are familiar with. Unlike other mushrooms, chaga, with a rust colored interior has a very hard and woody exterior that resembles a piece of burnt charcoal.
History of Chaga
The use of chaga mushrooms as a medicinal herb has a long history. In fact, the first evidence of the use of this medicinal mushroom originates from 16th century Siberia and Russia, where it was prized as the ‘Mushroom of Immortality‘. The indigenous people of Russia and the Siberian Khanty people were purportedly the first people to realize and enjoy the numerous benefits of the chaga mushroom. Later in the 12th century, the Grand Prince of Kievan Rus – Tsar Valdimir Monomakh, who was a great chaga enthusiast used the mushroom to cure his lip cancer.
The ancient medicinal texts of the 16th and 17th centuries mention the use of chaga in the treatment of cancer, ulcers, gastritis and tuberculosis. The great Russian author and Nobel laurate, Alexander Solzhenitsyn after being fascinated with the healing powers of chaga, published the novel- Cancer ward in the 1950s, after which more than 1600 research papers on the medicinal effects of the mushroom have been issued. Nowadays, chaga has been widely recognized as one of the superfoods as it offers a plethora of health benefits. If you want to get the best out of Siberian chaga mushrooms, the ideal way is to consume the Siberian chaga powder extract.
Benefits of Siberian chaga powder
- The Siberian chaga powder has a dense concentration of antioxidants and other essential active components that contributes to its numerous health benefits. Some of the most important health benefits include the following:
- Supports and strengthens the immune system
- The high level of antioxidants in the powder protects against oxidative damage and lowers the risks of diseases like cancer. These antioxidants also make chaga an anti-aging food.
- Reduces fatigue
- Regulates the function of nerves and muscles
- Normalizes blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Offers beneficial effects on the endocrine and cardiovascular system
- Improves sleep
- Eliminates problems like stress and anxiety
- Aids digestion
- Rejuvenates your body and promotes longevity
- Anti-inflammatory phenols, such as betulin in chaga help control metabolic disorders, such as obesity and metabolic syndrome.
- Shows anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, anti-viral and antimicrobial properties.
Chaga mushrooms are not very easy to find. The best Chaga is considered to be that obtained from the subarctic Siberian birch forests. Siberian Chaga contains a wide range of essential active constituents including phenolic compounds, polysaccharides, triterpenoids, lanostane and melanin, all of which offer various health benefits. The easiest and most effective way to reap the benefits of this superfood is to consume the Siberian chaga powder. Herbalists believe that the regular intake of chaga promotes health, helps preserve youthfulness, and promotes longevity as well.